SONALI BENDRE: AGAINST ALL ODDS

The 3 Best Moments From FC Front Row With Sonali Bendre And
Shriya Pilgaonkar

After a long break, Sonali Bendre has returned to acting. She stars in the web series, The Broken News, playing a hard-hitting journalist. It was the perfect opportunity for us to have the actor on FC Front Row. During the session, conducted by Anupama Chopra, she and her co-star Shriya Pilgaonka talked about the familial vibe of the industry in the '90s, taking risks, being seen as an actor and much more. Here are 3 unmissable moments from the FC Front Row titled 'Sonali Bendre: Against All Odds'.
Sonali Bendre FR Final
Highlights By Rajat Tripathi

Why Did Sonali Take So Long To Return To Acting?

After starring in the TV show Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh, Sonali took a hiatus from acting yet again. As Anupama asked her about her delayed return to the art, Sonali said that she wondered about it too. "Last time, I did a movie and then I took a break to raise my baby. That was a conscious break. I tried getting back (to work) and I did do a TV show - I liked the role, I liked the story, but the story started to change as we were shooting. I can't blame the makers, because they showed me surveys that told me what the people wanted and I felt like I was stuck. I had a commitment, I finished it and then it was time to take a step back to see what my options were," Sonali said. 

The actor added, "I also realised that we are very happy to have an image because that gets us work. It takes us through a certain period of our career. Then you come to a point where you are no longer that person. And yet that image is pervasive and those are the roles you keep getting. You do that because you are getting it and life goes on. Or you take a risk since it's not you anymore, take a step back and wait."

Sisterhood, not cat fights

Sonali and Shriya play two strong women in The Broken News who have "love and respect for each other but also have healthy disagreement." While talking about this topic, Shriya and Sonali talked about how their characters developed a sisterhood. Sonali said that she did not have to explicitly discuss the sisterhood vibe with Shriya, she just caught on to it. Sonali said, "I love the fact that the writers gave us that space of sisterhood, which is so much more real."

She added, "Every time there are two women, adding a catfight is so unnecessary and so not real."

Anupama said, "And so cliched."

Sonali added, "Who does that? You mentioned Raveena (Tandon). And we are all friends. All through the '90s…the moment you worked with someone, there were five thousand stories about how there were catfights. We were jumping from one set to another, we never had time to fight. The other day, Shilpa (Shetty) was at my set and we had such a good time. It was good to see her. We have been through so much.This is sisterhood, it is not about catfights."

Shriya Has A Lucky Seat For Her Parents

While answering a fan question about living up to the legacy of her legendary parents, Shriya said it was impossible. She could only admire their legacy. But she added
"During the Mirzapur screening, my parents sat at these two particular seats and Mirzapur did very well. Recently, when we had the Guilty Minds screening, coincidentally, they sat on the same seats, and that show also did well. So, I was asking The Broken News team where the screening was going to happen," Shriya said. 

"We need to get them on those chairs!" Sonali chuckled. 
Copyright © 2022, Film Companion, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
fcfrontrow@filmcompanion.in

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Blog Archive